




Since David had a long weekend, we decided to make a trip to Des Moines. On the way there we were pulled over for speeding, (72mph in a 60...come on, it's not THAT fast). This was the first ticket that David and I have ever gotten, and we tried to pull out all the stops like "Look at our cute boys in back....we're on our way to grandma and grandpa's house....." Nothing worked :(
Then on the way home Saturday night we got a flat tire. Totally lame. Thank goodness I wasn't alone and had David with me to change it. Having huge semi trucks driving past you at 80mph while you're about 10 feet away changing a tire isn't a very comforting thing. Since you can't go very fast on a spare, we drove about 45mph all the way home with our flashers on.
To top it all off, we almost hit a deer. 10 minutes after putting the spare on, we saw about 10 deer frolicking off the side of the road. One of them almost jumped out in front of us. Luckily it didn't and we made it home safely.
Although it came at a hefty price (literally) we loved spending time with Nani and Papa and some of our dear friends from BYU who are going to school in Des Moines.
Then on the way home Saturday night we got a flat tire. Totally lame. Thank goodness I wasn't alone and had David with me to change it. Having huge semi trucks driving past you at 80mph while you're about 10 feet away changing a tire isn't a very comforting thing. Since you can't go very fast on a spare, we drove about 45mph all the way home with our flashers on.
To top it all off, we almost hit a deer. 10 minutes after putting the spare on, we saw about 10 deer frolicking off the side of the road. One of them almost jumped out in front of us. Luckily it didn't and we made it home safely.
Although it came at a hefty price (literally) we loved spending time with Nani and Papa and some of our dear friends from BYU who are going to school in Des Moines.



5 comments:
Hey Lowmans! I'm glad you guys made it back safely! Driving always makes me nervous. It's so fun to see your kids! They are adorable! What are you guys up to? Where do you live?
Can't believe you had such a wild drive to and from Des Moines! We're really missing you guys! Even more so when we see that cute picture of Clayton and Natali hugging! I can't believe they're turning 3 in June! Time flies!!
That is your family, right? Actually no that isn't what your mom looked like. It is so funny cuz I think that spouses start to look a like once children are involved. I mean I think David's father resembles you. Sorry about the long trip, when it rains it pours, what bad luck, but I guess you didn't hit the deer so you did have a tiny bit of luck.
It was a great weekend! What a beast of a drive home, but it was so fun to see you guys. We'll be out soon...we want some Jimmy Jacks (and to see you guys again too :) )
That stinks you guys got a ticket! But I'm glad David didn't get run over by a semi =0). It looks like you had a fun trip!
Post a Comment