Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2 major accomplishments

We've had a big week here for the boys:

1. We discovered that CLAYTON isn't allergic to pecans! When Clayton was 14 months old, we gave him a peanut butter sandwich. He broke out in a rash around his mouth. We took him to an allergist and he tested positive to peanuts so they told us to avoid all nuts, wrote us a Rx for an epipen..the whole works. For me, this was especially sad since I am a HUGE nut fan. I've always thought that the diagnosis was a little on the conservative side. Anyway, I've been getting brave and about 8 months ago I gave Clayton almonds and he had no reaction whatsoever. A couple of days ago I was making a pecan pie and I thought, "how sad that Clayton can't eat any of this." Time to try pecans, and once again no reaction. This may not seem like a huge deal, but avoiding all nuts is cutting out a major food group in this family, so we are really happy.

2. SPENCER took his first steps today. He was standing up next to me and saw a ball across the room. He walked 8 or 9 steps to get it! Watch out, he's on the move now and there is no stopping him!

2 comments:

C said...

That's great on the nut thing--we are the opposite--Monkey is allergic to tree nuts, but not to peanuts. I was so sad too when we found out, because I love nuts! But at least the two allergies are separate, so they are usually just allergic to peanuts or tree nuts. We are headed to the allergist in a couple of weeks...I may be contacting you for more info! How fun that Spence is walking! Love, Carrie

h m said...

We are so happy for both! See you at the beach!