Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Andrew's arrival story

















To make a long story short: We checked into the hospital at 8:30am, started the pitosin at 9:30. I was already at 4 cm, so I told the doctor and nurse right away that I wanted to be sure and have that epidural. The contractions started getting a little worse as I went from 4-5 and then all of the sudden at the peak of a contraction I felt and both David and I heard a popping sensation/noise. My water broke and then the pain started to intensify and we were on a fast and furious mission to have the baby.

Needless to say, I made it very clear that I needed the epidural and needed it quick. While the doctor was preping for that, I dilated from 5-8cm.....not fun at all. That was some serious pain, and I'm lucky I had David and a great nurse to help me get through that. Finally I felt some pain relief and about 45 minutes later I was pushing. Out came Andrew!

We just love him! The big brothers are totally in love with him too. It has been such a miracle to conceive, carry him 41 weeks and bring him into the world. We feel so blessed, and thank our Heavenly Father so much for these 3 precious boys.

12 comments:

Alison said...

Stacie, he's so perfect. Seeing these pictures makes me want a newborn again! Congrats. You are such an amazing mom.

Day Family Blog said...

So you went 41 weeks and had to be induced... CRAZY! Man contractions after water breaking are INTENSE and it really hurts to dilate that fast! Glad you made it through and I am surprised that got you that epidural fast enough. He is beautiful. Were the boys sick, or did they just want to take precautions? I know that hospitals are a lot more strict after the swine flu scares. Anyway thanks for the story and glad it all went so well and you had some pain relief at the end

The Jensen Family said...

Congratulations! He is such a beautiful little boy. Bet you are super happy that he is finally here.

By the way, it's been a while...I lived below you at the Terrace. Your great grandma was my grandma (Kathryn Davis' sister) so we went to a few family things together.
I found your blog through Roni's. Hope it is ok if I check in from time to time. Congrats again!

Natalie (Polson) Jensen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! He is a doll! Make me miss little Spencer! I think he looks alot like him. I went 41 weeks and had to be induced also. I am glad things are going so well and that he is here safe and healthy! Give Spencer a big hug from me. We miss you all!

Mandy Rice

Jenson Family said...

Andrew is so precious. Oh the joys of having 3 boys! You are a trooper for hanging in 41 weeks. We wish you longs nights and lots of sleep. Hooray for the epidurals.

The Tenney's said...

He is GORGEOUS stacie! Congrats!!!!

OUR LITTLE FAMILY said...

Stacy CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!!! He's a doll and you are a trooper. Have fun with 3!! Heidi

The Krays said...

hooray and what a precious baby! so glad to hear of little Andrew's arrival....makes me anxious for my own upcoming delivery, but i've still got awhile to go yet. wishing you all the best!!

jenn

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! Wow, if he doesn't look like a Lowman boy! Cute baby, sure to be a handsome little guy.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

41 weeks...for the LOVE! You win an award. (like not being prego anymore) He is just perfect. Another cute Lowman boy. Hope the recovery and adjustment to 3 is going well. I want to call and get the update, but I'll try and hold off to give you some space (I just can't promise that I can wait much more!).

Mary Ann said...

Wow. He is really beautiful. Congratulations! Your boys look adorable with him.

Yorgasons said...

CONGRATULATIONS Lowmans!! How exciting!! What a beautiful family you guys are!!